Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tags Till Christmas


Have you seen this new set, Tags Till Christmas? It's in the new Holiday Mini. It is SO CUTE!
And the best part is (of course) Stampin' Up! has all these wonderful punches to coordinate with each image. Making Holiday Tags will be easy-peasy lemon-squeezy this year!

Here is a project I made to give to one of my workshop hostesses.


How cute is that?

So here's how you make this...

Take a 6x6 scrapbook page protector and carefully trim the edge with the holes (we don't need that part). Then I cut a piece of Always Artichoke Cardstock to 6 1/4" x 8 1/2".

Using Sticky Strip, I adhered the page protector to the Artichoke Cardstock. I then folded over the top piece and gave it a pretty edge with the Scallop Punch. I then punched another piece of Brushed Gold Cardstock( 6 1/4" x 2") with the scallop punch, and adhered it under the flap - so you have a double layer of scallops on the flap. Pretty!

Here is an open view. You can see that I used a Velcro Dot under the flap. That is how it stays closed.


Now the sticky strip is visible through the Page Protector...SO, I cut a 6x6 piece of Deck the Halls Designer Paper and slipped that inside the page protector. You can see the design of hollys and berries behind the tags. And since all of Stampin' Up! products coordinate, it really matches well and ties is all together.

I inked the stamps in Cherry Cobbler and Always Artichoke and punched with our coordinating punches. I tied them up with gold cord and some of our 1/8" ribbon.

Now the bow on the flap is our new Cherry Cobbler Seem Binding Ribbon in the Holiday Mini.
I punched 2 holes in the flap, and threaded it through. I then simply tied a bow.

There is a little tag on there...and that uses the Tiny Tags stamp set and the coordinating Jewelry Tag Punch. So tiny, so cute!

Here is a close up of the bow and tag:

I am trying to see if I can squeeze a date onto my calendar to make this a class. Wouldn't that be fun to come make this? Stay tuned, as I am trying to get a few more classes in before the end of November.

Have a great day! It is gorgeous out today!
Thank you so much for stopping by!


1 comment:

  1. You need a comment! Love your project! The teeny tiny tag with Thanks so much just made the whole project even better! Thanks for sharing it with us.

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete