Friday, September 10, 2010

French Foliage


Autumn is my MOST favorite time of the year. Cooler weather, beautiful foliage, apple picking, Halloween and Thanksgiving...LOVE it all!

So it's no surprise that I had to have the new French Foliage Stamp Set in the Holiday Mini Catalog. I just got it yesterday and couldn't wait to ink this baby up!

Here is the first card I made with it:



The card base is Early Espresso. The layer is Cherry Cobbler (big surprise, eh? LOL...I have an addiction to this color!). I ran the Cherry Cobbler through the Big Shot using the Square Lattice Embossing Folder. Love it! It give such wonderful texture to the project.

The top layer is Very Vanilla cardstock. I sponged some Crumb Cake Ink in the center of the cardstock, then stamped the leaves in Early Espresso and Cherry Cobbler.

HINT: When stamping a piece of cardstock with many images (such as the leaves) - I always start with the largest image - in this case it was the largest leaf that is stamped in Early Espresso. I stamped the largest leaf in each corner, then filled in the empty spots with the smaller leaf (in Cherry Cobbler). If you start with the smallest image, you run the risk of not leaving enough room for the largest ones. So, start big, and work down. You will have a well balanced and even card. :0)

I punched a slot on the left side of the card, and threaded the Early Espresso Stripped Ribbon through it. The greeting is actually from an old retired set (sorry) - but it's all I had to work with at the time. And the finishing touch is a Cherry Cobbler button (from the mini catalog) threaded with 1/8" Very Vanilla Ribbon.

I hope you are enjoying the gorgeous weather today. Bella and I had a great walk this morning.
I just love the cooler weather...but I hate it when it's too cold.
I guess I have a very narrow comfort range. LOL.
Too hot - no good. Too cold - no good.
75 is perfect! :0)

Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy your afternoon!


To place your Stampin 'Up! Order, CLICK HERE and select SHOP NOW in the upper right corner.

1 comment:

  1. I love this set too. The colors you used are perfect! See you for class friday!! enjoy this great weather.

    ReplyDelete