Thursday, September 2, 2010

Just Believe Sympathy


This past week I have had to make 3 sympathy cards. Why is that it seems it always comes in 3's? Such a sad week. I prey this is the end of it for a good long time.

In any case, I reached for my Just Believe set. I know, I know...you are probably ready to see something else by now. I promise something from a different set this week.

It's amazing how the feel of a card changes based on the colors that you select. I have used this set with neutrals, brights and pastels. Now I am using Cherry Cobbler and Early Espresso...two of my most favorite new colors.




The card base is Early Espresso. I used the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder on the Cherry Cobbler piece...and sponged the edges with Early Espresso ink.

I inked the image with Cherry Cobbler and Early Espresso Markers, and then misted it 4-5 times with a spray bottle of water. Then I stamped it on Watercolor Paper. It honestly looks like a watercolor painting. When using a spray bottle, you definitely want to use Watercolor Paper. It's thicker, and can absorb the excess water without buckling the paper.

The ribbon is Early Espresso stripped grosgrain. It is so awesome! The quality of Stampin' Up! ribbon is second to none.

So, it's been busy around here since the kiddo's are back to school. It's just back to me and Bella girl. Poor thing is wondering where everyone is. But boy does she get excited when it's time to pick the kids up from school. I swear, she understands me when I say it's time to go get them. She runs to the door and waits. She is such a great dog. :0)

Thanks for stopping by today! Stay cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment