Monday, September 20, 2010

Golden Serene Snowflakes


Hello Stampers!

I hope everyone had a great weekend! It's been so warm the last few days, it seems odd to be making a card with SNOWFLAKES on it. But, I am prepping for upcoming workshops and holiday classes - and everyone loves making Christmas Cards!

Here is a card that uses Heat Embossing - which is such a simple technique, but still is such a WOW - even if you've done it a million times. I love to see new stampers get all excited when they watch the embossing powder melt into a shiny raised image. Magic!

The stamp set is called Serene Snowflakes, and the greeting is from the Many Merry Messages Stamp Set.



The base of the card is Early Espresso Cardstock. The layer is Very Vanilla, and the snowflakes were stamped in Versamark ink. Then I sprinked Gold Glory Embossing Powder, and embossed with my heat tool. The strip across the center uses the same color cardstock, and the Seasons Greeting is stamped in Early Espresso.

Now the snowflakes are very cool. We have this NEW EXCLUSIVE die cut for the Big Shot called Northern Frost. It's AWESOME. It is 12" long x 2" wide....and it cuts a TON of snowflakes at once. I cut snowflakes from Brushed Gold and Very Vanilla Cardstock. They are all different sizes and designs (cause after all, no two snowflakes are the same, right?). I layered two snowflakes together, and inserted a Rhinestone Brad in the center. Then I attached it to the strip across the center with Stampin' Dimensionls. Easy Peasy! :)

Well, I am off to finally take a shower (it's only 3:30 in the afternoon...LOL). I get caught up in my own little stamping world, and before I know it - the afternoon is almost gone! LOL
I guess that is the beauty of loving what you do for work - - - it doesn't FEEL like work. And how time sure flies when you are doing something you LOVE.

Have a great day, and thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment