Sunday, September 12, 2010

Greeting Card Kids Christmas


Have you seen the new Greeting Card Kids Stamp Set in the Catalog?
I call it the "Campbells Soup Kids" Set- because they have that vintage look to them.
Remember those cute kids from the 50's and 60's on the soup cans? Looks just like them!
They are super cute!
I love all the images, but my favorite is the little girl with her sled and the tree.

My dear talented stampin' sister, Diana Gibbs, had made this card that just made me squeal! I loved what she did with it. So, since I am SUCH a good copier (LOL) I had to make one too.




The card base is Crumb Cake, with a layer of Whisper White and Marina Mist. The layers were stamped with a snowflake in Whisper White Ink.

I stamped the main image in Stazon jet black, and colored her in using blender pens and classic ink. The color inks are Cherry Cobbler, Marina Mist, So Saffron, Old Olive (tree). And I used Blush Blossom for her face.

The ribbon is Marina Mist 1/4" grosgrain ribbon. And of course, the greeting was punched out with the Modern Label Punch and popped up on dimensionals.


I think it needs something more...like a little glitter on the ground to look like sparkly snow.
I think I will go back and add it. Everything is better with glitter. :0)

Well, maybe not everything...like food...that would be bad.
But papercrafting wise, glitter is good. :)

It's another perfect New England Day! I am in love with the cooler temps...perfect for walking, and great for my Bella girl....since she isn't panting now from the humidity.

Have a great weekend and thank you for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment