Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Elements Of Style


With the excitement of the New Catalog, and all the new goodies I have to play with, I have not taken ink to Elements of Style in about a month! I know...SHOCKING! LOL.

It's such a beautiful set - for watercolring, or just stamping and leaving it alone. The image is intricate and detailed and can look modern or vintage.

I had to try it out with (one of) my new favorite colors, Cherry Cobbler. I didn't do any coloring on this. Just stamped, and added some ribbon.


The cardstock colors are Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake and Very Vanilla. I stamped the background with Cherry Cobbler ink, the ran it through the Big Shot with the Square Lattice Embossing Folder (again...). It's important to stamp first, then run it through the Big Shot. Otherwise, it will be too texturized to stamp on and the ink will be sketchy.

This card took literally about 10 minutes to make. Fast and simple, but oh so pretty!

Have a great day! Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment: