Sunday, August 2, 2009

Convention Bound!

It's one of my FAVORITE times of the year...the Annual Stampin' Up! Convention in Salt Lake City! It's 4 days of new products, classes, make and takes, stamping and friendship with over 7,000 Demonstrators from the US and Canada.

I am much more relaxed this year, as last year I was a presenter! It was a great experience and I was honored they asked me, but it definitely was a different experience (as I was working and not able to socialize with my friends as much!). So, this year my friend Kimberly is a presenter and I know she is going to be AMAZING. (Just remember the depends, girl.) :0)

So while I am in SLC, I am participating in a Shoe Box Swap. That is when you design a card, cut up all the materials to make the card, and bring it with you in a plastic container. You pass the containers around the room, and everyone gets to make one of everyone's cards. It's kind of like when you come to stamp camp and I have everything ready for you...except this time, I get to stamp! :-) So, there are a lot of demo's participating in this swap, so the requirements are that the card has to be made in 5 minutes or less. So, here is what I came up with:

I chose the new set, For All You Do (can you tell it's one of my favorites?). I've got some Cottage Wall Designer Series Paper, and some Rich Razzelberry Polka Dot Grosgrain ribbon going on here. It's a simple card, but I love the color combo. I hope everyone else does too!
I leave on Tuesday and come back Sunday. I will post a few things while I am gone. I am sure I will have a lot of new stuff to share! Convention is definitely one of the perks of being a demonstrator. Where else can you go off with your friends for 5 days, stamp, scrap, with no men and no kids, and write it off as a tax deduction? :-)
Thanks for stopping by...go stamp something today!

No comments:

Post a Comment