Thursday, August 26, 2010

Wrapping It Up - Stampin' Up! Style


Hello Friends,

Today I want to share something OTHER than a card.

Shocking, yes, I know. But these little rubber stamps can do SO much more than just create amazing greeting cards. With Stamps, Inks and Papers, you can do so many wonderful things.

For example, I had a special gift for a friend last week. Well, she is SO special, that no ordinary wrap that you buy from a store would do. Nope. So, to give something extra special, what do you do? Well, you make it yourself, of course!

I had a plain white gift bag on hand, and that is where I started. I cut a few inches off the top to get rid of the handles. Then I measured the front of the bag, and cut my cardstock the same size to cover it. The layers I cut about 1/4" smaller so I would have a small border. And then I started stamping. I did the same for the back, but added a few inches to the height so that I could fold it over and create the closure flap.

Here is what it looks like all completed:


I used the Just Believe Stamp Set (in LOVE with it!) and used Pear Pizzazz Ink (my NEW favorite) to stamp the images on the Whisper White layer. The butterflies are cut from the Beautiful Wings Embosslit Die. So cute! I just attached them with glue dots. They look awesome floating off the bag!

The flap was punched with the Eyelet border - I added a 2nd layer under there to add a little more color - so you have Daffodil Delight and Pear Pizzazz eyelet border. I then used a velco dot for the closure.

I punched 2 holes in the top of the bag and threaded it with Basic Black Satin Ribbon, and then added bows in Pear Pizzazz Ribbon. Super cute!

Now for the tag. The tag was SO fun to make! I used the Big Shot and my Serif Alphabet set and die cut the initial out of chipboard (the Big Shot cuts Chipboard like butter!).

I then inked the initial with versamark ink, and sprinkled it with Heat and Stick Powder.
I heat it with my embossing tool until it melted, then quick sprinkled on our AWESOME green Cosmo Glitter. It matches the Pear Pizzazz perfectly!

Here is a closer look:

The benefit to using the Heat and Stick powder is that the glitter is very controlled. It won't flake off or get on everything else. It's great to use when you need the glitter in a very specific or small place and don't want it all over the rest of your project. Plus the initial is about 2" in size, and I wanted really good BLING coverage on it. I doubt that the 2 way glue pen (which I use on cards when adding glitter) could have handled the job.

One tip when making these bags - definitely use Sticky Strip when attaching your cardstock to the bag. The cardstock layers are heavy (if you are using awesome Stampin 'Up! Cardstock that is) and you want to make sure it's really stuck on there. You don't want it falling apart on you.

Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment