Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Owl & Penguin Love


If you have your copy of the New Catalog, you've probably noticed the adorable new Owl Punch. We used this at our event last weekend to make a really cute card. Now, I am not really an owl person, but once I made this little dude, I was smitten with him .;-)

Here is the card that we made at the Stamp Camp:



The cardstock is Vanilla, and we used the new Elegant Soiree Designer Series Paper for the layers. Isn't this little guy sweet?

So after playing around with it for a bit, I noticed some other demonstrators were making Penguins with it. SO CUTE.

So here is my version of the cute little owl made into a penguin.


All I really had to do was trim the ears off the head, and add a couple of flippers (which I did free hand). They aren't even the same size. But I figure flippers are like feet, they come in different sizes. :0)

The cardstock I used on this one is Basic Black, Marina Mist and Whisper White.
To make the snow, I simply hand tore whisper white cardstock, and ran 2 way glue along the edge and sprinkled with Dazzling Diamonds Glitter. A piece of 1/8" Marina Mist ribbon finishes it off.

So there go you, another reason to add that owl punch to your next order. The possibilities are truly endless!

Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment