Monday, August 23, 2010

Punch Potpourri


Hello Stampers!

Sorry for the lack of posts the past few days. I have been a busy little bee over here working on swap cards for the new holiday mini. One of the awesome things that demonstrators do is organize swaps when we have a new mini catalog or new product.

We each pick a set out of the mini, design a card (and make about 20 of them!) and then we all trade with eachother. It's a lot of fun and a great way to get a lot of wonderful ideas for the new products. I can't wait to see what my stampin' sista's come up with! I will be sure to post my completed creation when I am done.

In the mean time, a special friend had her 40th birthday last week. We had a lot of fun going out to dinner and celebrating. I wanted to make her a special card and I went right to the Punch Potpourri set. This is a hostess set, and I love it. It coordinates with many of our punches. My friend LOVES the bird in the Always Stamp Set, and the bird punch, so I knew I had to use it.

Here is what I came up with:


The card base is Early Espresso, and the Designer Paper is from the Greenhouse Gala pack (the color of this design is Baja Breeze).

There are lots of punches on this card...scallop border punch, boho blossom punch (for the small flower with a brad in the center), Full Heart Punch, XL Bird Punch and the Modern Label Punch for the greeting. Everything was also sponged in Early Espresso to age it a bit and give it a vintage look. That pretty ribbon across the middle is our new Crochet Trim Ribbon and is it every delish! I love it! I even sponged a little ink on the ribbon to make it look antique.

If you want to get your hands on this set (and who doesn't!?) let's schedule a private (free!) class for your and your friends! It's tons of fun and you will earn lots of great product.

Have a great week everyone. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. This is an awesome card Terri. I am going to copy you and make this card myself... naturally I will have to tweak it a little as I do not have the same paper you do... Thanks for sharing. Oh by the way.... What set did you pick out of the new mini to work with? Interested to know and interested to see your work of course... MaryBeth

    ReplyDelete