Sunday, June 10, 2012

MDS Hybrid Card

Hello Everyone, 


Happy Sunday! I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend! I am home as usual with my leg up, while my is at a family picnic. I wish I could have gone, but it's just not possible with this lug of a cast. Anyway, my hubby rearranged my stamp room so that I can get to my stuff without having to hobble around. Thank GOD! He is the best and sweetest ever. So, I have been able to stamp a card here and there which I am so thankful for! 


I have been working on a card for Jacob's teacher for the end of year. I decided to use MDS and do a Hybrid card. I got a lot of inspiration from fellow demonstrators. Here is what I came up with:


The card size is 6x6. Everything is digital except the Owl, which I punched out and sat on top of the stack of books. The owls wings were made using the scallop oval punch. The diploma was made by rolling up small piece of First Edition DSP and tying it with a piece of 1/8" Basic Black grosgrain ribbon. 

The digital sets I used were School Days, and School Days II sets. The books were made by resizing a square punch, and filling with designer series paper. I then added the names of books they read or used this year on the spine. 

Thanks for stopping by today! 
I hope you are having a great weekend and enjoying the great weather. 

No comments:

Post a Comment