Friday, April 8, 2011

More Fun Flowers


Are you sick of this die yet? I seem to use it on everything lately! I just love that t cuts out 3 flowers at once, and they look so beautiful layered together.

In this card I cut them out in Very Vanilla, then sponged them in Crumb Cake.


I then layered them together, and sponged the top flower with Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint (not sure if you can see the shimmer on it, but trust me, it's gorgeous). In the center I added a Basic Pearl. Love that you get a ton of these in different sizes, they are self adhesive, and they are only $4.95!

The card itself is Crumb Cake that I ran through the Perfect Polka Dot Embossing folder. Down the left is a 2" piece of Springtime vintage Designer paper layered with some Pink Pirouette Cardstock.

So I mentioned that I was going on a field trip with Jacobs class the other day to the HIllstead Museum. It was such a great day. I am a little embarrassed to say that I live right here in Farmington and had never been there. It was stunning. The artwork alone (several original Monet pieces) was amazing. The grounds are beautiful, and the home itself was just gorgeous.
After the tour, the kids got to go outside and paint! It was awesome. They all did a great job and there will be an art show at the library next Tuesday night to showcase their work.

Here is a picture of Jacob and one of his good friends proudly showing off their artwork!


We totally lucked out on the weather. It was cool and breezy but sunny. The classes that went the days before us had rain to deal with. So we were very happy that the sun came out for us.

Thanks for letting me share! I am still running...outside. Which I might add, is a heck of a lot harder than running on the treadmill. But I am sticking with it. I have had to slow it down a bit, but I made it. LOL. I don't think I will ever be a marathon runner, but at least I am getting some good exercise. My friends are trying to talk me into a 5K in May. I will do it, but I am certain I can't run the whole thing. I will walk where I have to and try to run some of it.
Wish me luck!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment