Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!



Hello Stampers -
I hope you all enjoyed a wonderful holiday with your friends and family. I did a lot of relaxing over the past week. Truth be told, I kinda slipped into a post-Christmas coma. Staying in my pajamas all day, snuggling with the kids and the dog, watching movies, taking naps, reading on my kindle...it was pure BLISS. In fact, I haven't stamped anything in over a week!

Today I decided to pack up allthe Christmas stamps that were still laying on the tables in my stamp room. Time to move on to some new things! Have you gotten your copy of the Occassions Mini Catalog in the mail yet? You should have gotten in a few weeks ago. If you didn't receive it, make sure to give me a shout and I will get one in the mail to you.

So, I pre-ordered many of the new things in the mini (a demonstrator perk) but they aren't arriving until Monday. I was a little slow on the draw. December wasn't my most organized month. LOL. So, until my new things arrive, I will catch you up on life in the Mongeon house.

First of all, beginning on Monday Jan 3rd I am starting a new job! I am really excited! I will be working for the Simsbury Public School System - primarily on Elementary Science Curriculum. It's a part time position, with summers and school vacations OFF. I am really happy to have been selected for this job, as it really fits with my life and our schedule as a family. I do have a bit of anxiety over leaving Bella though. I hope she will be ok. Ed tells me she will be fine and I am being a worry wart.

But oh how I love my Bella, and she has been home with me every day since we got her. Now she will be alone 5 hours a day. I only work 4 days a week though, so I guess she will get used to it. I will have to let you know how she does. I was thinking of sending her to doggie day care, but again, my family thinks I am being ridiculous.

I am also gearing up for my trip to Nashville for Stampin' Up! Leadership Conference. I am so excited! I missed Convention last summer, so I am really looking forward to seeing all my SU peeps! We have the BEST time at these events and laugh until our sides ache. Good times indeed! So, I needed to get in the stamp room and make some swap cards. Although I don't have my new stamps yet, there are some stamps I do have that haven't seen much ink yet...so today I played with Aviary. I just love those little birds!

I have also been feeling sort of vintage lately (not me personally but my stamping style...LOL).
I pulled out the Love Letters Designer Paper and some Vintage brads and the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder. Here is what I came up with:


The card base is Basic Black, and it was embossed with the Vintage Wallpaper folder.
The colors in the paper are Very Vanilla and Riding Hood Red. A touch of Vanilla Satin Ribbon is tied across the center.

Here is a closer look at the details:

So it's a start at getting my stamping mojo going again. More to follow. I plan on spending most of my Sunday out in the stamp room too. So who knows what I will come up with.

Thanks for stopping by! I wish you all a safe, happy and prosperous 2011!


No comments:

Post a Comment