Monday, May 24, 2010

Weekend Recap

What a wonderful weekend I had!

Saturday I attended a Demonstrator Gathering in Springfield with some of the wonderful gals in my group. We learned some savvy business tips, cool techniques, and of course, got to stamp! I love spending time with these ladies. They are wonderful women and friends. Just one of the many blessings of being associated with Stampin' Up! :-)

Here is a picture of our group -



After I got back from Springfield I headed over to Farmington High School where Relay for Life was going on. My daughter, Emily, was on a team from Irving A. Robbins Middle School. I had never attended before, but I had volunteered to be a chaperon. I was amazed at the number of people that turned out! Tents and campers everywhere (as this is a 24 hour event and teams walk all night!), along with a DJ playing music, food, and lots of fellowship. I started walking when I got there, and I was happy to be there when the most significant part of the Relay began - which was the survivors walk, the lighting of the luminaries and torches, and the silent walks in remembrance of those who have lost their battle with cancer. This was a very spiritual event, and I was moved to tears many times throughout the event.

I was very proud of my daughter and her team. They truly understood the meaning and the reason behind relay, and their dedication was heartwarming.

Here is a picture of me and Emily from the event.The event was a HUGE success, as over $201,000.00 was raised for the American Cancer Society. That is double what was raised just a year ago. WOW!
I encourage you all to check it out next year. What an amazing event for a very worthwhile cause.

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day ~

No comments:

Post a Comment