Thursday, February 25, 2010

Mad about Medallion

I haven't used Medallion in awhile. I don't know why...it's such an awesome stamp and you can do so many COOL techniques with it. Embossing and Poppin' Pastels are two that I played around with yesterday.



This is a card we made at my Stamp Club Weds. night. It's a pretty straight forward card - but it truly is gorgeous. It's Very Vanilla and Whisper White Cardstock. I stamped Medallion with Versamark ink, and heat embossed with White Embossing Powder. I then sponged over the image with Sahara Sand ink. I added a pearl to the center from the Pretties Kit, and added a Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon. I think it looks elegant! :) It could also make a nice Anniversary or Mother's Day Card. The gals all loved it.

Now, this card is a bit softer, and uses our chalks, Stampin' Pastels. I haven't pulled these out in a long time, and I don't know why! LOL. They are so much FUN to play with! :)

This card uses Pretty in Pink and Whisper White Cardstock. I inked the stamp in Versamark ink and stamped on the Whisper White Cardstock. I then used our sponge daubers with the chalks to "pop" out the color (thus the name Poppin' Pastels). You really have a lot of control over the shading with chalks. I wanted this to be soft, so I daubed very lightly with the chalks.

I stamped the Medallion a second time on scrap white, and went a little heavier on the chalks, for a darker look. I then punch out the center with the Scallop Circle Punch. I added a Rhinestone Brad (also from the Pretties Kit) to the center with a little flower. I then popped it up on the original image with Stampin' Dimensionals.

The ribbon is the White Satin Ribbon from the Mini Catalog, and just a small piece of Pretty in Pink Taffeta to coordinate with the cardstock.

The greeting is from Teeny Tiny Wishes. I use that set ALL THE TIME! It has 24 greetings in that set and they cover everything from Christmas to retirement. It's a great, versatile set that I reach for over and over. And as a bonus, the greetings fit nicely inside the Word Window and Modern Label Punches.

And before I leave you, here is Bella and my honey looking out at the rain. Ed loves this dog....and he didn't even want to get a dog. He can frequently be seen laying on the floor with Bella, hugging her. :)


So, thanks for stopping by on this rainy, dreary day....
Now, go stamp something! :)




To place your Stampin Up! Order, Click HERE and select SHOP NOW from the upper right corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment