Monday, March 28, 2011

Punch Potpourri


Today I reached for a set that I haven't used in ages! It's a hostess set called Punch Potpourri. It's got 4 beautiful images that coordinate with some of our most popular punches. I love how easy Stampin' Up! makes it to create beautiful projects. Coordinating stamps and punches is just another example of how our products are designed to work together.

Here are the images in this set:

The punches that coordinate are the XL Bird Punch, Full Heart Punch, Butterfly Punch and the Flower Trio Punch.

I used the heart punch today, as I was inspired by a beautiful card that I saw by fellow demonstrator Kimberly Taylor (hi Kimberly!).

I changed the colors and used some different embellishments. Here is what I came up with:


The card base is Crumb Cake and the layer is Baja Breeze. I embossed the Baja Breeze using the Vintage Wallpaper Embossing folder - but I used my brayer with White Craft Ink on the embossing folder before I ran it through the Big Shot. It gives it a wonderful antique finish.
The border was made with the scallop edge punch, and sponged with Soft Suede Ink.
The greeting is from the Something to Celebrate Hostess set in the Occassions Mini Catalog.
I used a piece of Victoria Lace Ribbon and gathered it up for a little added dimension.
The button is from the Neautrals collection, and threaded with a piece of Linen thread.

The Heart was first stamped in Crumb Cake Classic Ink Pad, then I went over the flowers using Soft Suede and Baja Breeze Markers. To finish it off I sponged the edges with Soft Suede, and attached it to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

This is one of the cards we will be making at my upcoming Stamp Camp on April 3rd. I still have space left, so drop me a note if you would like to join us! You can check out my calendar of events by clicking HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today! Now, go stamp something! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment