Friday, March 25, 2011

Fun Flowers are Fabulous!


The Occassions Mini Catalog is loaded with so many amazing products. I feel like I hardly have time to use them ALL. But one of my favorite is the FUN FLOWERS die for the Big Shot.
Oh my GOSH! I LOVE LOVE LOVE these flowers.

This die cuts out 3 flowers at the same time. They are all different sizes and shapes - perfect to use individually or layered together, as I did on this card.


I embossed the largest flower with the Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder, the sponged it with Soft Suede ink. The medium flower was stamped with the En Francois Background Stamp, and again sponged. I used our AMAZING Shimmer Paint in Champagne on the smallest flower. It adds such pretty shimmer to the product! Gorgeous!
I finished it off with a ruffled piece of Baja Breeze Seam Binding Ribbon and a Vintage Brad.
The background is embossed with the Tulip Frame Embossing Folder.

Another fun thing to try is using different papers for the flower layers...cardstock on one, designer paper, and maybe even tissue paper or fabric on the others. Layering different material together will add such amazing texture to your projects.

We are off to New Hampshire this weekend to visit with Ed's family. The kids are excited to see their Aunt and Uncle. And Bella will be off having a rumpus with her puppy friends. :)

I am working on my April calendar, as I didn't really have anything this month. I apologize...many of you have asked about it! I was just super busy with the Stampin' Up! Regional and prepping for my presentation (it went really well and I had a lot of fun!).

Thanks for stopping by today! Enjoy the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment