Friday, November 11, 2011

MDS BLOG HOP Friday

Welcome back to another edition of MDS Blog Hop Friday! I hope you are all having a great week!
I am SO happy that Friday is here! What a long week!

We are finally getting back to our normal lives after that huge storm and 10 long days without power! How crazy was that? I was so sad the kids missed out on Halloween! And now we are just 2 weeks away from Thanksgiving! WOW!

This week, the theme is Remembrance. This is a great theme, because it can apply to so many things! A great vacation, a loved one, a pet....

I chose to remember my Great Grandmother! She was an AMAZING lady who came though Ellis Island when she was just 16 years old! In fact, her picture is IN the Ellis Island Building! Isn't that cool?
She lived to be 99 years old! I was 21 when she passed away and I was so fortunate to have known her!

My page is about her HANDS. She had the softest hands ever. Isn't it funny what we remember about people? I just remember holding those soft hands, and thinking I had never felt skin like that! I guess they get weathered and soft after 99 years!

Ok, enough blabbing... here is my page:



I wanted this to be a vintage feel, so I used the Bella Chateau DSP, and some fun button and flowers. I swear I am addicted to the Vintage Overlays stamp! It's what gives it the shading, so it looks like I sponged it. It's the last stamp I added - so its on top of all the other layers. I changed the color to Soft Suede, and viola! My project has a vintage feel to it! So cool!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have a great weekend!
Please make sure to hop along to the other ladies and check out their projects!


6. Terri Mongeon (YOU ARE HERE)



5 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Terri, and what a fantastic picture too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terri, it's funny you remember your grandmother's soft hands. That's one of the first things I think about when I remember by grandmother. She used to give us baths when we'd visit, & even though I was only 5 or 6 years old, I still vividly remember how soft her hands were. Thanks for sharing her story :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful tribute. She looks as if her heart was as soft as her hands.

    ReplyDelete