Friday, March 2, 2012

MDS BLOG HOP FRIDAY

Happy Friday! I love Blog Hop day because that means another weekend is upon us!

This weeks theme is to CASE a layout done by another member of the blog hop team. Well, that is one difficult challenge I tell you! I love the work of all these ladies so much, that I had a hard time picking just one. I hope we do this challenge again...super fun to go back and look at everyone's work again. :)

But I decided upon this layout from MDS Rock Star Heather Summers....



This is such a great layout in my opinion, for several reasons. 

#1) The subject is just so cute. I could gobble him up. :0)

#2) Heather's color choices are great....I love how the pumpkin pie pops out and ties into his shirt. 

#3) It's a simple layout. It doesn't use TOO many embellishments. In my opinion, a great layout keeps the focus on the picture. And this accomplishes this exactly. 


And here is my take on her layout. 



I used Pool Party for the background. I layered the Dot, Dot, Dot stamp on the background and changed it to white. I scaled the opacity down to 20%.

I then followed Heathers layout, just changing a few things. She used the 1/2 circle punch for the banner, and I used the traditional pennant banner. The Designer Paper I used is the Sale-A-Bration selection Everyday Enchantment.

Thanks for stopping by today. Make sure to visit all the other ladies on the Blog Hop and check out their creations.

Happy Weekend,


2 comments:

  1. Love what you did with the page! These colours make me so happy and you worked them well:) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, Terri! LOVE what you did with this page and how "girly" you made it! :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete