Saturday, January 22, 2011

Letterpress LOVE


This morning I gathered with my downline for a team meeting. What a fun way to start the day! It is so much fun when we all get together! I was happy to have 2 of my newest team members in attendance.

We always stamp something at our meetings - after all, we are all there because we LOVE to stamp. Here are a few pics of the gals having fun stamping...

This is Lori, she joined our group in November. Doesn't she look so happy to be stamping? LOL
She is very creative and a great stamper. It took me a few years to get her to join me..SO glad she finally took the leap! :)
And this is Bonnie - she is a doll and a wonderful stamper. She has been on our team for a few years now. And the bonus is now that she is retired from her day job, she has lots more time to stamp! :)


I wanted to show everyone how to use the new Letterpress Plates for the Big Shot (you can find these in the Mini Catalog).

It's similar to the other embossing plates, but we put CRAFT ink on the plate , lay the paper on top of the plate, then run it through the Big Shot.

Here is a video that Stampin' Up! made to show step by step how to use the letterpress plates. Its awesome!





Everyone did a great job with their project! Here is the completed card:


We used a brayer to apply the red craft ink to the plate - it worked great. The letterpress debosses the image, and the craft ink gives great coverage. Love it!

The ribbon is the 1-1/4" stripped grosgrain ribbon that I cut in 1/2 - so very cool as then I frayed the edges. We added a little love tag with some linen thread, and punched a heard from the new Red Glimmer paper.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment