Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My new love...Build-A-Blossom...


I tried. I really did.

I tried to resist purchasing the Build-A-Blossom set in the mini (and the coordinating punch.
In fact, I held out for a whole 2 months!
But in my desperation, I had a major moment of weakness, and I ordered it ALL!

And now I am asking myself why I waited so LONG! LOL.
There are so many beautiful samples with this set, and I finally sat down to play with it today.
I had a blast stamping and punching out the petals and leaves.
I love the dimension that it gives to the card. Awesome!

Here is my first card with this set (and I am sure many more will follow!)



The card base is Early Espresso, the layer is Crumb Cake that was embossed with the tulip border for the Big Shot. I sponged the edges lightly with Early Espresso Ink.
Across the center is a piece of the Victoria Lace Ribbon.
The petals were stamped with Pink Pirouette ink on Pink Pirouette Cardstock then punched out with the blossoms punch. The leaves are Pear Pizzazz ink stamped on Whisper White cardstock.

I added some Dazzling Diamonds to the top petals, and curled them up a little to add more dimension. The center has a Vanilla Satin Rosette. So pretty!

The "friend" sentiment is from the "You're A Gem" stamp set.

This card is for my stamp clubs this month! I hope they like it. It's a super fun card to make!
Thanks for stopping by today, have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment