Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

To all the Mom's out there, I wish you all a very Happy Mother's Day. I hope you get spoiled on your day, someone takes you out to eat, and you get to spend the day doing your most favorite things!

Today I am sharing a project that I am giving to my Mom tomorrow (no peeking, Mom!).

My good friend, Kimberly VanDiepen, taught me how to make this awesome box. I changed up the paper, stamp set and Designer Series Paper to fit my occassion.

This is the outside of the box/drawer.

I used Kraft Paper and the beautiful Parisian Breeze Specialty Designer Series Paper.








This is the box when you slide it open. Inside are 4 coordinating cards and envelopes. I added some beautiful embellishements, such as satin ribbon and pretties kit flowers and half back pearls.

I love the Pretties Kit because the flowers all come white. You can alter them with chalks, watercolor them with your aqua painters and ink pads or watercolor crayons. I love being able to coordinate them perfectly with each of my projects. For these cards I used the Baja Breeze ink and my Aqua Painter to get the flowers to match the color of the Parisian Breeze paper.

This is another image of the box drawer standing up with the cards tucked inside.

And finally, here is the set of matching cards. I might mention that I also used the Big Shot and the Stampin Up! exclusive Beautiful Butterflies Die Cut. In the center of the butterfly I attached 3 white half back pearls.

I am working on a class using this box design, so stay tuned...I should have that ready for you later this week.

Enjoy your weekend and thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment